Researching Music Videos





For my project, I will be doing a music video surrounding around the RnB genre. My music video is based all around love. All aspects of young love, heartbreak, new relationships. I studied the songs "Miss Independent", "Say My Name", "Are You That Somebody?", "When I See You", and many more popular and iconic RnB songs. In regular music videos, they include:

  • the camera at a medium close-up to show the movements of the artist
  • the camera at a close-up of the actors' faces to show how they’re faces are reacting to interactions
  • people dancing, talking, walking, being in lovey, arguing, fighting, etc.
  • a short introduction before the song actually starts (some not all)
  • a pan shot that focuses on the background or a certain part of the music video’s story

In typical RnB music videos, the audience sees/hears:
  • the actors interacting at some point in the video, if they are trying to get to talk to one another and haven’t already meet one another
  • dancing, whether it's the artist dancing as well or just background dancers
  • interactions between the artist and their love interest
  • the camera at a close-up of the actors' faces to show detailed expressions
  • people talking, sneaking stares at one another, or just being in love
  • a short introduction before the song actually starts which starts off the story that’s in the music video
  • very detailed costumes that correlate with the fashion of the time that the music video was made in
In my commercial, I will be doing these things, of course. Mainly because I want my music video to be good. If I don’t include all of these key details, I will include most of them. I know I definitely want to include an introduction. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research Blog: Comedy

Planning the Final Task: Script

Production Blog: Filming