Planning My Music Video

 Props:

Since I have decided to do a RnB music video, to the song Miss Independent by Ne-Yo, my props will probably include a car, a book/binder, tables and chairs, a desk, business products, and maybe more. These are all of the props for now.

Costumes:

In my commercial, I will have 2 characters. The first main character will be a woman and the song will be surrounded around her. The second main character will be the love interest that is trying to get the woman’s attention. They both will be wearing some sort of business attire or just dressy clothes in general. I want the woman to maybe wear a pencil skirt or maybe just dressy pants with a business top or dressy top with sandals, maybe heels, it just depends. I want the man to wear a suit or a dressy shirt with dark jeans and dress shoes.

Here are some examples of how I would like the costumes to look. 


(These screenshots are from the ‘Miss Independent’ music video and show the outfits that the actors are wearing)

Schedule:

On 11/13/2021-11/15/2021, I will research music videos, including RnB ones and especially the music video of the song I will be doing.

On 11/16/2021, I will establish and figure out the props, costumes, schedule, location list, and backup plan.

On 11/17/2021-11/19/2021, I will create the storyboard for the music video.

On 11/19/2021-11/29/2021, I will begin filming and recording the necessary shots and clips for the music video.

On 11/30/2021-12/05/2021, I will film and record extra clips that were missed during the original filming days.

On 12/06/2021-12/12/2021, I will edit and add any final touches to the music video to make sure that it’s perfect.

Location List:

The main location for the commercial will be my house’s office area. This will help put emphasis on the fact that the woman is all about her business and is focused.

The second location for the commercial will be my personal bedroom. My bedroom will help put emphasis on the woman's business by showing off what type of business she’s in and what she sells. 

Backup Plan(s):

If my house is busy and just has a lot going on to the point where I cannot film there, I will work outside of my house, probably right on my patio or I will go the beach as well.

If one of my actors are absent due to them being sick or personal reasons, I will take a day outside of school to work with them or I will have to find a replacement actor if they are unable to meet with me outside of school. If one of my crew members are absent, one of the actors or one of my family members will take over their position to help me finish filming and recording.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research Blog: Comedy

Planning the Final Task: Script

Production Blog: Filming